Mr. Mandell has successfully litigated numerous matters across various fields of law, including intellectual property, criminal, commercial, business, employment, entertainment, personal injury, and privacy law. He founded the Law Office of Chad M. Mandell so he could continue to deliver high-end litigation and counseling services across a wide range of legal fields while providing his clients with personalized service and custom pricing options.
Mr. Mandell earned his law degree at the University of Michigan Law School. Thereafter, he became a prosecutor for the state of Illinois, and later, he became a federal prosecutor with the U.S. Attorney’s Office, in the Northern District of California, in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Upon entering private practice, Mr. Mandell spent years handling personal injury matters, insurance coverage disputes, and prosecuting fraud on behalf of major insurance carriers. Mr. Mandell also represented clients in litigation involving intellectual property, antitrust, RICO, privacy, employment, and business law. Eventually, Mr. Mandell became a partner in the Intellectual Property, White Collar, and Civil Litigation Departments of a major national law firm.
Throughout his 15-year career, Mr. Mandell has successfully handled an array of matters, including many which were high profile. He has also first-chaired numerous bench and jury trials throughout his career.
Mr. Mandell is admitted to practice law in California and Illinois.
In addition to handling numerous personal injury matters, Mr. Mandell has litigated numerous matters involving the First Amendment, right of publicity issues, trade secret misappropriation, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, unfair competition, false advertising, antitrust claims, RICO, fraud, and complex commercial, contractual, and business disputes. Mr. Mandell has successfully handled the following representations, among many others:
- Represented major television news anchor in employment matters in connection with the anchor’s exit from one of the largest national broadcasters.
- Represented world-famous magician in litigation arising from an alleged breach of a joint venture agreement to develop and sell a TV show.
- Represented financier in prosecuting claims for fraud and breach of contract, among other claims, against filmmaker and production company.
- Defended international fashion company against A-list movie star in the right of publicity action.
- Defended national movie theater developer against A-list movie star in the right of publicity action.
- Defended start-up tech company in trade secret and copyright action involving allegedly misappropriated software.
- Counseled and defended national clothing retailer in connection with numerous copyright, patent, and trademark infringement lawsuits.
- Successfully represented a provider of data security services to the U.S. Department of Defense in TRO to halt the release of sensitive data by former shareholders.
- Defended supplier of memorabilia and collectibles against television production company in the copyright infringement action.
- Defended sports licensing agent in a class-action suit brought by a putative class of 60,000 former college athletes who claimed that video game manufacturer and national interscholastic athletic association violated their right of publicity in connection with collegiate football and basketball video games produced by the manufacturer.
- Defended accounting firm in defamation and breach of contract action by successfully obtaining a unanimous jury verdict and dismissal of Plaintiff’s entire case.
- Represented insurance clients in the investigation and prosecution of perpetrators of large-scale insurance fraud in the healthcare and auto repair industries and the wake of significant natural disasters.
- Defended one of California’s largest providers of utilization review services against the provider of electrotherapeutic medical devices in antitrust and civil RICO action.
- Defended industrial manufacturing and construction companies in antitrust, price-fixing, and RICO action.
- Counseled national charitable organization in connection with data breach incidents.